I don’t want to brag; however, Tokyo is the Best City in the World to visit!
I can say this because Tokyo has so many things to do and places to visit that even the most picky person in the World can find somewhere to enjoy here. I believe it’s just a matter of everyone having the knowledge of where to find what they are looking for. And that’s exactly where we come in, just let us know what you are looking for and we will guide you in the right direction for FREE. If it takes a few emails to narrow it down, that’s no problem for us as we’re so happy to help everyone enjoy this beautiful city.
Without further ado, here is a breakdown of some of the most popular Tourist spots in Tokyo:
- The View From Above (Tokyo Observation Towers):
- Tokyo Sky Tree: Standing at 634 meters (2080 feet), it is the newest Observation tower having been completed in 2010. It is currently the largest observation tower in Japan and the World’s largest freestanding broadcasting tower. Adult entrance fee: JPY 2060 to JPY 3090 per person.
- Tokyo Tower: Standing above Tokyo at a height of 333 meters (1092 feet), Tokyo tower is a similar structure to the Eiffel Tower and was built in 1957. It is the 2nd tallest structure in Japan. Adults entrance fee: JPY 900 to 1600 per person.
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building: This is a great place to take in the buildings of Tokyo and it is free of charge. The observation deck is located 202 meters (663 feet) above ground level. Entrance fee: Free
- Mori Tower Roppongi: Located at the Roppongi Hills complex, this observation deck is located at a height of 270 meters (886 feet). Adults entrance fee: JPY 500 per person.
- Asakusa: This is a very popular tourist destination. It has a temple to visit and several attractions including souvenir shopping, jin-rickshaw (you can sit in a cart and get pulled around by a human), several restaurants and Tokyo Sky Tree is located nearby.
- Odaiba: You can enjoy a great Tokyo Day Out in Odaiba. This popular entertainment venue includes a beach, ferris wheel, Gundam museum, Legoland, Toyota car museum, a miniature Statue of Liberty, 2 large shopping malls, lots of delicious restaurants and beautiful views of Tokyo Bay and the Rainbow Bridge. Odaiba is a man-made island which was designed and built as an entertainment venue.
- Sanrio Puroland: Get cute at this amusement park brought to you by the company that created the very popular Hello Kitty along with many other famous characters. As you would assume with all these cute characters, the Sanrio Puroland amusement park is stock full of cuteness!
- Tokyo Disney Resort (DisneyLand & DisneySea): Tokyo is the only place in the World where you can visit Disney Sea. Yes, it’s an unusual name. However, if you can have a “Land”, then why not a “Sea”? And, they also have an adjoining Disney Land as well. Both of these amusement parks cover a vast amount of land and I would recommend spending at least 1 day to explore each one. (Travel Hack: Try to avoid Disney on a weekend or Holiday to avoid the crowds).
- Harajuku: This is one of the best places in the World to see cosplay (i.e. Costume Play). On most, if not all, days you can see some people walking down the main street in Harajuku wearing cosplay outfits, usually cute or gothic outfits. It’s a wonderful place to visit if you enjoy the sport of people watching.
- Shibuya: This section of town is mostly for shopping. Although if you’re new to Japan, it’s always interesting to check out some of the local Shibuya attractions – Hachiko the dog statue or Shibuya 109 (a very popular, trendy shopping mall for young women).
- Shinjuku: This area of town is a perfect mix of everything Tokyo. It has shopping, dining and lots of office buildings with salary workers.
- Ginza: Ginza is a World famous place for name-brand shopping in Tokyo. Every major brand is represented here and most of them with fancy, flagship stores. In addition, there are many other shops and restaurants here.
We hope that you’ve enjoyed these recommendations on what to do in Tokyo!
Please feel free to email us at anytime if you have any questions regarding Anything Japan. We can be contacted 24/7 via email at Contact@www.hotels-narita.com. We have staff on call at all times and we normally reply to emails within 1 hour; however, we guarantee a response within 1 day.